You are invited to afternoon tea to celebrate the launch of the ‘Friends of St Peter and St Paul’s Church,’ Syston on Sunday 9th February 2014 from 3.00pm until 5.00pm, in the church.
Any queries contact us at [email protected] or phone Felicity Austin on 0116 269 2543.
Did you know that….
- Syston’s ancient church dates back at least 800 years?
- the beautiful Medieval angel roof is a very rare feature?
- many of the carved and painted faces in the roof area depict local folk of hundreds of years ago? (Come and spot your ancestors!)
- our oldest church bell was cast in the 14th century and is still rung regularly?
- the building is often used for community and charity