Do you know a local sporting hero who deserves to be recognised for their achievements?
Nominations for the ninth annual Charnwood Sports Awards are open.
The awards are run by Charnwood Borough Council and recognise the success of athletes, coaches and volunteers who make a difference to sport and physical activity in Charnwood.
Councillor Jonathan Morgan, the Council’s Cabinet member for Communities and Customer Service, said: “The Sports Awards are always a great opportunity to celebrate the talented sports stars we have in the borough.
“If you know someone who is outstanding in their chosen sport, or a dedicated coach or volunteer, you can nominate them for an award and recognise the great work they do.”
This year’s awards ceremony will take place on Monday 4th December.
The deadline for nominations is 5pm on Friday 15th September.
The categories this year include:
- Junior Sportsperson of the Year
- Junior Volunteer of the Year
- Junior Team of the Year
- Disabled Sportsperson of the Year
- Senior Sportsperson of the Year
- Senior Volunteer of the Year
- Senior Team of the Year
- Coach of the Year
- Club of the Year
- Contribution to School Sport
- Best Community Sport & or Physical Activity Project
- Outstanding Contribution to Physical Activity and Sport
To nominate online or find out more about the awards visit www.charnwood.gov.uk/sportsawards or call 01509 634 592.