Syston Police Beat News

Local Police Beat Team Crime Prevention Advice:
What to do if you’re a victim of Crime:
If you unfortunately happen to be the victim of a crime please consider whether it’s appropriate to call us on our emergency number 999. This may be appropriate if:
* Life is in danger or someone is seriously injured
* Someone is using violence or there is an immediate threat of violence
* A crime is in progress or an offender has been disturbed at the scene
* Serious damage to property is being caused or could be caused
* A road traffic collision has happened and someone is hurt or there is a danger to other road users
An immediate police response is necessary
If this is not the case and Police are
not immediately required please call our non-emergency number 101 or consider using our new online reporting tool on our force website.
The online reporting tool will allow you to report anything that you would normally be able to report over the phone including safeguarding issues, vehicle issues or civil problems. It may also recommend you to another agency if they are better suited to deal with the issues. For example it may recommend the RSPCA for Animal problems.
Once issues are reported to us we can begin to take steps to resolve them. Please do not assume others will report things if you’re having any issues please let us know. Even something minor may be part of a bigger picture.
For the latest information on crime in your area please visit:
Follow us on Twitter @CharnwoodPolice.
Facebook: Charnwood Police
Contact details
PCSO Matt Harburt – 6001
You can contact the police on 101 or 999 in an emergency.