People are being reminded to nominate their local sporting stars for this year’s Charnwood Sports Awards.
The annual awards are run by Charnwood Borough Council and give recognition to committed athletes and the dedicated coaches and volunteers who give up their time to support them.
Cllr Deborah Taylor, lead member for communities said: “The Sports Awards are an opportunity to acknowledge and celebrate the brilliant sporting talent we have in the borough.
“If you know someone who has been outstanding in their chosen sport this year, a coach or volunteer that goes above and beyond then you can nominate them for one of the 11 categories on the council website.”
The categories this year include:
- Junior Sportsperson of the Year
- Junior Volunteer of the Year
- Junior Team of the Year
- Senior Sportsperson of the Year
- Senior Volunteer of the Year
- Senior Team of the Year
- Coach of the Year
- Club of the Year
- Best Community Sport/Physical Activity Project
- Outstanding Contribution to Physical Activity, Sport & School Sport
- Joe Humphries Special Recognition Award
This year’s awards ceremony will take place on Monday, December 2.
The deadline for nominations is 5pm on Friday, September 27.
To nominate online or find out more about the awards visit www.charnwood.gov.uk/sportsawards or call 01509 634 592.